If you choose to pack your belongings yourself and hire Company only for Relocation to Texas (including disassemble and reassemble your furniture), please ensure the items below are completed prior to arrival.
- Dry Dust, but do not polish furniture with any cleaners. Products like pledge make furniture slippery and difficult for movers to get a secure grip.
- Have all boxes sealed on top and bottom with tape. This prevents your items from falling out inside the truck. (Texas Relocation Company does not move open boxes)
- Label all boxes with their room destination. Please label the sides so that the movers can read the information when the boxes are stacked on top of each other.
- Have all pictures boxed or bubble wrapped.
- Stack lamp shades inside each other and box them. This will prevent any punctures or damage.
- Dense items like books should be packed tightly in small sealed boxes. Packing a large box with heavy items can cause the bottom to fall out.
- Have all fragile articles individually wrapped and packed into a durable box. You can find affordable reusable plastic tubs at a local store like Walmart. Try to refrain from the long flat containers. They can be difficult to load onto dollies & get through doorways.
- Have light-colored cushions bagged in large trash bags.
- You should keep all valuables in your immediate possession. These items should be moved by the owner: jewelry, watches, money, expensive artwork, legal documents, firearms, etc.
- First Night Box: This is a box of essentials for your first night in your new place. Some items might be: paper towels, toilet paper, soap, snacks, drinks, toys/games for your children or pets. Basically, anything to help your first night go a little smoother.
- Please empty all dressers and chest of drawers.
- Hanging clothes should be boxed in wardrobe boxes.
- Empty nightstands into a sealed box.
- Dispose of any food that may spill or spoil during transport and settling in to your new place.
- Have a cooler ready in the event that company for relocation to Texas moves your refrigerator. It can be load your fridge last. This will ensure that perishable items do not sit out too long.
- Clean and pack all kitchen utensils, pots, and pans.
- Drain all oil and gas from lawn mowers and any other gas-powered tools. We do not move flammables, aerosol cans, paints, thinners, guns, ammunition, or hazardous materials.
- Bundle all of your yard tools i.e. rakes, shovels, brooms etc. and wrap the handles with tape.